In this module, you will hear from two teacher educators (Dr. Zsuzsanna Abrams, Associate Professor of German and Dr. Tom Garza, Associate Professor of Russian) who will share their thoughts about essential skills and knowledge foreign language teachers need to acquire in order to count themselves full-fledged professionals.
- 1 Joining the Profession
- Expert knowledge and qualifications of the foreign language professional.
- 2 ACTFL Guidelines and National Standards
- Guidelines for assessing language proficiency and standards for defining what language learners should know.
- 3 Principles of Communicative Language Teaching
- Descriptions of Communicative Language Teaching and its associated practices.
- 4 Professional Development
- Impact of FL Teaching Methods courses on professional development.